The City of Highland is a designated Passport Acceptance Agency, authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept Passport applications. Please call (909) 864-6861, ext. 226, for a Passport appointment.
There is NO grace period for appointments. Please arrive on time with completed application(s), original documentation, two separate payments and passport photograph. Not doing so will result in you having to reschedule your appointment. All applicants, including minors, MUST be present for the passport appointment.
Effective October 8, 2021:
- Routine service can take up to 14 weeks from the day an application is submitted at an acceptance facility or renewed through the mail to the day a new passport is received by the customer. This door-to-door timeframe includes both processing times and mailing times on the front and back end.
- Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take up to 10 weeks from the day an application is submitted at an acceptance facility or renewed through the mail to the day a new passport is received by the customer. This door-to-door timeframe includes both processing times and mailing times on the front and back end.
- For faster mailing times, customers may opt to pay for 1-2 day return delivery service ($17.56) of an issued passport book from the Department of State to the customer. Passport cards cannot be mailed back by 1-2 day return delivery.
For the most current processing times, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
The City of Highland offers the following services:
- First Time Passports
- Passports for Minors
- Expedited Processing
- Passport Card
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Changes or Amendments
NOTE: We do not accept passport renewal applications (DS-82) if they meet the requirements for mail renewal.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Completed and unsigned DS-11 form. Black ink only, no white out.
- Original Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (original & photocopy):
- Certified birth certificate issued by the county or state*
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Valid identification document
- Photocopy of valid identification document (front & back). Double sided copies will not be accepted.
- Valid Driver's License
- Current Government ID (city, state, or federal)
- Current Military ID
- Passport Photo - NOTE: We do NOT provide photo services at this time.
- Payment method: Check, money order or cashier’s check.
Passport Fees (PDF): Please note TWO separate payments are required:
- The Application Fee is payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- The Acceptance/Processing Fee of $35 is paid directly to the City of Highland.
* A certified birth certificate has a raised embossed, impressed or multicolored seal. The registrar's signature and date must be visible. Abstracts which do not include complete parental information are not acceptable for passport purposes. Short-format abstract certificates from California are never acceptable.