The City of Highland is a designated Passport Acceptance Agency, authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept Passport applications.
All applicants, including minors, MUST be present for the passport appointment.
Processing time for a passport is 10-12 weeks for routine services and 4-6 weeks for expedited service. For the most current processing times, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
The City of Highland offers the following services:
- First Time Passports
- Passports for Minors
- Expedited Processing
- Passport Card
- Lost or Stolen Passport
- Passport Changes or Amendments
NOTE: We do not accept passport renewal applications (DS-82) if they meet the requirements for mail renewal.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Completed and unsigned DS-11 form
- Original Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (original & photocopy):
- Certified birth certificate issued by the county or state*
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Valid identification document
- Photocopy of valid identification document (front & back). Double sided copies will not be accepted.
- Valid Driver's License
- Current Government ID (city, state, or federal)
- Current Military ID
- Passport Photo - NOTE: We do NOT provide photo services at this time.
- Payment method: Check, money order or cashier’s check.
Passport Fees (PDF): Please note TWO separate payments are required:
- The Application Fee is payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- The Acceptance/Processing Fee of $35 is paid directly to the City of Highland.
* A certified birth certificate has a raised embossed, impressed or multicolored seal. The registrar's signature and date must be visible. Abstracts which do not include complete parental information are not acceptable for passport purposes. Short-format abstract certificates from California are never acceptable.