- Building & Safety
ABOUT BUILDING INSPECTIONS
Building inspections are conducted Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm and alternate Fridays from 8am to 12pm (noon) excluding Federal holidays. It is the responsibility of the permit holder, contractor, owner, or their representative to call for inspections at specific times during construction. Inspections help to ensure that each phase of a project is following the approved plan.
SCHEDULING AN INSPECTION
When requesting an inspection please call the inspection request line 909-864-6861, extension 228, and leave a message between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. the day before the requested inspection.
Calls that are received after 4pm will be scheduled two days from the request.
Please note that inspections are conducted Monday through Thursday and every other Friday, inspection schedules are subject to holiday closures. Please check the City’s yearly calendar to see which dates we are closed.
Inspection requests received on a closed Friday or weekend will be scheduled for the following Tuesday.
Please leave the following information for your inspection request. Please speak slowly and clearly while leaving the message
- A contact name and telephone number
- Address of the job site
- Permit number
- Type of inspection being requested
- Date and day of inspection requested
- Morning or afternoon preference
- Morning inspections are from 8am to 12:00 (Noon)
- Afternoon inspections are from 1pm - 5pm
- Friday inspections are morning only inspections from 8am to 12:00 (Noon)
- Fire inspections are morning only inspections Monday – Thursday 8am – 12:00 (Noon)
Inspectors cannot guarantee specific inspection times as problems may occur in the field with other jobs and emergencies, thus we try and accommodate AM/PM block availability.
Please be aware, permission for the inspector to access the job site for each inspection must be provided by an adult over the age of 18 by the owner or contractor at the site. The job card and set of approved plans must be present in order to perform an inspection. If the project site cannot be accessed or if you do not have the plans and/or job card, please contact the Building Division at 909-864-6861, extension 232, to cancel the inspection and reschedule.
If a ladder is required for access the Permit Holder will need to provide the site with one for the inspection and it must be secured in place.
CONFIRMING YOUR INSPECTION
Please call the City between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. to check the run schedule and find out what number stop your inspection is.
On the day of the inspection, you may confirm whether you are on the inspection run list by contacting the City main number at 909-864-6861, extension 0, or Building Division at 909-864-6861, extension 232.
- What time will the building inspector be at my job site?
- How Can I find out if my building inspection has passed or failed?
- Why do you need to come into my home for a smoke detector/ carbon monoxide detector inspection?
- Can you give me a list of all the inspections I will need?
- Do I need to be at the job site when the building inspector arrives?